Travel Wisconsin attractions from our WI Inns of Distinction. Stay longer in Wisconsin and enjoy all the attractions and things to do. As you come to a community in Wisconsin select from the community’s WI Attractions. Note the county of an attraction for nearby WI things to do.
ALBANY, GREEN COUNTY, WI:
* Albany House Bed and Breakfast – serving Green, Dane, Iowa, Jefferson, LaFayette and Rock Counties.
* Detwiler’s Bulk Foods – Amish store – N5055 Hwy 104.
* Detweiler’s Furniture Store – Amish Store – W509 Atkinson Rd.
ATTICA, GREEN COUNTY, WI:
* Franklin Grove Etc – Restaurant foods, spirits, antiques and resale along the Sugar River in an old stone building.
BARABOO, SAUK COUNTY, WI:
* Aldo Leopold Legacy Center – E13701 Levee Rd, Baraboo. The environmental center is a top Green building with tours and workshops.
* Circus World Museum – 550 Water St, Baraboo, WI – Circus exhibits.
* International’s Crane Foundation – All the world crane species in one place.
* Botham Vineyards – 8180 Langberry Rd, Barneveld – fine wines reasonably priced.
BARABOO, SAUK COUNTY, WI:
* Devil’ Lake State Park – South 5975 Park Rd, Baraboo – Scenic Wisconsin State Park with 9000 acres, lake, bluffs, trails.
* International Crane Foundation – E11376 Shady Lane Rd, Baraboo – See all the very interesting crane species of the World.
* Natural Bridge State Park – S5975 Park Rd Baraboo – Park harbors a large sandstone natural arch and rock shelter.
* Wisconsin Opry – E10964 Moon Road, Baraboo – Country music in the Lake Dalton and Wisconsin Dells area.
BELLEVILLE, DANE COUNTY, WI:
* Cameo Rose Victorian Country Inn B&B – serving Dane, Columbia, Green, Iowa, Jefferson, LaFayette, Rock and Sauk Counties.
* Badger State Bike Trail – A rails to trail old railroad bed with tunnel. Bring a flashlight. Trail runs from Madison to Belleville to Freeport, Illinois.
* First State Capital – Early WI Capitol and Supreme Court buildings. Belmont, WI.
BELOIT, ROCK COUNTY, WI:
* Riverside Park – 1160 Riverside Dr, Beloit – Community gathering spot for numerous events.
BLUE MOUNDS, DANE COUNTY:
* Blue Mounds State Park – Blue Mounds – 1153-acre park with the tallest mound in Southern WI.
* Cave of the Mounds – World Renowned Cave and National Landmark limestone cave.
BROOKLYN, GREEN COUNTY, WI:
* Depot Days – Brooklyn event celebrates the old railroad days.
COTTAGE GROVE, DANE COUNTY, WI:
* Glacial Drumlin Trail – Bike Trail is 52-miles long from Cottage Grove to Waukesha, WI.
DODGEVILLE, IOWA COUNTY, WI:
* Doby Stables, Inc – 1 to 2 hour horse rides through Gov. Dodge State Park – 4228 State Rd 23 – 608.935-5205.
* Governor Dodge State Park – 4175 State Road 23, Dodgeville, Iowa County, WI.
* Lands End – 113 N Iowa St – Dodgeville based clothing outlet store.
FITCHBURG, DANE COUNTY, WI:
* Nevin Springs Fish and Wildlife Area –5911 Fish Hatchery Road.
FORT ATKINSON, JEFFERSON COUNTY, WI:
* Fireside Dinner Theatre – 1131 Janesville Ave, Fort Atkinson live Broadway musicals and shows, and dining.
* Spurgeon Vineyards & Winery – 16008 Pine Tree Rd, Highland, WI.
JANESVILLE, ROCK COUNTY, WI:
* Rotary Botanical Garden – 1455 Palmer Dr, Janesville.
JOHNSON CREEK, JEFFERSON COUNTY:
* Johnson Creek Premium Outlet Mall – State Hwy 26, Johnson Creek.
LAKE DELTON, SAUK COUNTY, WI:
* Tanger Outlet Mall – 210 Gasser Rd #105, Lake Delton.
LODI, COLUMBIA COUNTY:
* Lake Wisconsin – 10,000 acre lake and 52 miles of shoreline.
MADISON, DANE COUNTY, WI:
* Alliant Energy Center – 1919 alliant Energy Way, Madison – Major Madison WI event center and convention facility.
* Art Fair On the Square – Annual event on the Capitol Square in Madison, Wisconsin.
* Camp Randall Stadium – Home of the Wisconsin Badgers and UW football stadium, Madison.
* Capital City Bike Trail – 17 mile trail in and around Madison to near Verona and the Badger Trail.
* Chazen Museum of Art – 750 University Ave, Madison – World renowned University of Wisconsin Madison Art Center.
* Concerts on the Square – Enjoy the free concerts on select Summer Wednesdays in June & July – 7 PM – Madison, Capitol Square.
* Dane County Farmers Market – On the Capitol Square, Madison – The best Farmer’s Market and largest producers-only market in the country – 150 vendors.
* Downtown Madison – Capitol and State Street area to University of Wisconsin district.
* Executive Mansion – WI Governor’s Mansion – 99 Cambridge Road, Madison.
* Eno Vino – Delightful menu of tapas and small plates each very tasty. Voted “Best New Restaurant” by readers of Madison Magazine.
* Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar – Great steaks, chicken, sea food, drinks, desserts, service and more in an upscale setting. Located in Hilldale Mall area.
* Gerald Bartel Community Theatre – 113 E Mifflin – Madison, Dane County, WI – Tickets.
* Henry Vilas Zoo – Free Zoo, 702 S Randall Ave – Madison.
* Institutes for Discovsry – 330 Orchard St, Madison. Self-guided science stations, restaurant and more.
* Kohl Center – 601 W Dayton St – Madison – Home our UW basketball and hockey games.
* Lake Mendota.
* Lake Monona.
* Lake Waubesa.
* Lake Wingra.
* Lilianas – Bringing the New Orleans flavor to Madison Wisconsin.
* Madison Museum of Contemporary Art – 227 State Street, Madison – Modern and contemporary exhibits. Free.
* Memorial Coliseum – 1881 Expo Mall E, Madison – Events Center.
* Mid West Horse Fair – Madison – Annual event held at the Alliant Energy Center.
* Museum of Contemporary Art – 222 State St, Madison – 5000 item collection.
* Olbrich Botanical Gardens – 3300 Atwood Ave, Madison – 16 acres of Gardens, Art Displays, Bolz Conservatory, Events.
* Olbrich’s Concerts In The Garden – 3300 Atwood Ave, Madison, Tuesdays in June and July at 7:00PM.
* Overture Center for the Arts – 201 State St, Madison – World class arts, events and theatre center.
* Quivey’s Grove Restaurant – fine dining in an Old Stone House or Stable Barn bar and grill on Nesbitt Road in Madison.
* Rhythem and Booms – Famous Madison’s July Fireworks.
* Smoky’s Club – restaurant and steakhouse has been serving Madison for 50 years – famous for steaks, seafood and generous cocktails.
* State Street – Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin – Unique shops and restaurants between the State Capitol and UW-Madison down State Street.
* Taste of Madison – Great food of Madison eateries and music on the square, Downtown Madison.
* University of Wisconsin-Madison – 702 West Johnson St, Madison – Badger Sports, Big Ten University.
* UW Arboretum – 1207 Seminole Hwy, Madison, WI. 1200 acres on Southside of Lake Wingra with visitor center, ecological and horticultural exhibits, effigy mounds, artifacts and visitor center.
* UW Geology Museum – 1215 W Dayton, St Madison – Educational programs on rocks, minerals, and fossils.
* UW Lakeshore Path – Madison – Path runs from UW Memorial Union to scenic Picnic Point along the Lake Mendota lakeshore.
* Wingra Boats, 824 Knickerbocker Street, Madison – wingraboats.com, email@example.com, kayak, canoe, row, or paddle boat. Fish, paddle and play. Also: www.brittinghamboats.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Wisconsin Historical Museum – 30 N Carroll, Madison – Wisconsin’s heritage and display of Wisconsin history to the present.
* Wisconsin State Capitol Building Tour – 2 E. Main St, Madison. Tour our State Capitol, one of the most beautiful domes in USA, on the square.
* Wisconsin Union Theater – 800 Langdon St, Madison – Theater is part of the Memorial Union complex.
* Wisconsin Veterans Museum – 30 W Mifflin St., Madison – Exhibits and displays of Wisconsin vets in action from the Civil War to the present. Free.
* World Dairy Exposition – Alliant Energy Center, 1919 Alliant Energy Way, Madison – International dairy annual event of the dairy industry.
MCFARLAND, DANE COUNTY, WI:
* Rocking L Acres Sleighrides – 2964 County Rd AB, McFarland, Dane County, WI.
MERRIMAC, SAUK COUNTY, WI:
* Devils Head Ski Resort – Merrimac area down hill skiing and snowboarding – S6330 Bluff Road.
* Merrimac Ferry – Merrimac – Since 1948 Car Ferry has crossed the Wisconsin River.
* Parfrey’s Glen State Natural Area – Hwy DL, Merrimac – Spectacular gorge near Devil’s Lake State Park.
MIDDLETON, DANE COUNTY, WI:
* Capital Brewery – Middleton – Brewery and Bier Garden with tours.
* National Mustard Museum – 7477 Hubbard Ave, Middleton – 5000’s Mustards, tasting, gifts and more.
MILTON, ROCK COUNTY, WI:
* Milton House – 18 S Janesville St, Milton – Museum and Historical Society.
MINERAL POINT, IOWA COUNTY:
* Pendarvis Museum – 114 Shake Rag Street, Mineral Point – Cornish lead miners history and culture museum.
* Shake Rag Alleyy – 18 Shake Rag Alley, Mineral Point – Cornish miners settlement.
* Monona Terrace Convention & Community Center – One John Nolan Dr., Madison – Frank Lloyd Wright designed center in downtown Madison on the shore of Lake Monona offers great views, food and a rooftop terrace.
* Monroe Arts Center – 1315 11th St, Monroe.
MONROE, GREEN COUNTY, WI:
* Cheese Country Trail – Bike from Monroe to Mineral Point on a 47 mile improved railed trail.
* Green County Cheese Days – Court House Square, Monroe – Cheese celebration is an old tradition – Visit Green County cheese factories and Monroe cheese shops.
* Minhas Craft Brewery & Distillery – 208 Fourteenth Ave, Monroe – Craft brewery offers beer museum, great tour.
* Monroe Arts Center – 1315 11th St, Monroe.
* Monroe Balloon Rally – Monroe.
* National Historic Cheesemaking Center – 2108 6th Ave, Monroe.
MONTICELLO, GREEN COUNTY, WI:
* Silver-Lewis Cheese Coop – W3075 County Rd EE, Monticello – 150 year old cheese factory and store.
MOUNT HOREB, DANE COUNTY, WI:
* Tyrol Basin – 3487 Bohn Rd, Mount Horeb, WI – Down Hill ski hill, snowboarding.
NEW GLARUS, GREEN COUNTY, WI:
* Edelweiss Chalet Country Club – 18-hole golf course on the edge of New Glarus.
* Heidi Festival – Swiss play and the Taste of New Glarus.
* Kristi’s Bistro Restaurant & Bar – features a traditional, contemporary American cuisine and some Mexican options. 119 5th Avenue, New Glarus, WI – Phone (608)-527-2012.
* New Glarus Visitor’s Center – 418 Railroad St – America’s Little Switzerland between Albany and Belleville.
* New Glarus Brewing Company – 2400 Wisconsin 69, New Glarus, WI – Tours, Award Winning Beers.
* New Glarus Swiss Historical Museum – Tour many Swiss buildings and displays. New Glarus is 22 miles SW of Madison.
* Sugar River State Bike Trail – Trail runs from New Glarus to Monticello to Albany to Brodhead.
* Swiss Historical Village Museum – 612 7th Ave. 12 historic Swiss buildings and a continuance tour.
* Taste of New Glarus – Downtown New Glarus Event – food offerings, music, festival.
* Wilhelm Tell Festival – Famous Swiss Archer celebration.
NORTH FREEDOM, WI:
* Mid-Continental Railroad Museum – E8948 Diamond Hill Rd, North Freedom – Take the 50-minute train ride through the Baraboo hills.
OREGON, DANE COUNTY, WI:
* Ziggy’s BBQ Smokehouse & Ice Cream – 135 S. Main St, Oregon – 608-291-0915. Great BBQ selections and ice cream.
PAOLI, DANE COUNTY, WI:
* Historic Paoli – Dane County, WI – Unique shops, galleries and dining along the Sugar River.
* School House Shops & Cafe – Fine dining for lunch or dinner. Restaurant offers delightful gourmet dining along the Sugar River in an upscale atmosphere.
PORTAGE, COLUMBIA COUNTY, WI:
* Cascade Mountain Ski Hill – Downhill skiing just north of Madison.
* Society Hill Historic District – Near Downtown Portage – 137 historic buildings dating back as far as the 1850’s.
POYNETTE, COLUMBIA COUNTY, WI:
* Mackenzie Environmental – W7303 County Road, Poynette – 250 acre diverse environmental education center.
PRAIRIE DU SAC, WI,
* Bald Eagle Watching along the Wisconsin River and Prairie du Sac Hydroelectric Dam.
* Wollersheim Winery – 7876 State Hwy, 188, Prairie du Sac, WI – An “America’s Top 10 Winery Tours”.
SPARTA, MONROE COUNTY, WI:
* Justin Trails Resort – serving Monroe, Juneau, La Crosse and Vernon Counties.
Elroy-Sparta State Trail – Enjoy a 32-mile rails to trails bike trail with old stone tunnels. Daily or annual pass required for bikes.
La Crosse River State Trail – Enjoy a 22-mile rails to trail that runs parallel to the LaCrosse River.
Sparta Butterfest – Enjoy a local festival in Sparta.
Take the Amish tour of the area and the Amish shops. Canoe or Kayak the La Crosse River.
Drive the scenic Wildcat Mountain and Perrot State Parks. Visit the Trempealeau National Wildlife Refuge.
City of Sparta, WI – Government, Parks and Recreation.
SPRING GREEN, SAUK COUNTY, WI:
* American Players Theatre – 5950 Golf Course Rd, Spring Green – Classic outdoor and indoor theatre.
* House on the Rock – 5754 Hwy 23, Spring Green – Amazing house and collections unlimited.
* Taliesin – 5607 County C, Spring Green, WI – Frank Lloyd Wright’s summer home – Discover the man, his architecture and story.
* Tower Hill State Park – 5808 County C, Spring Green – 77 acre park with lead shot tower.
STOUGHTON, DANE COUNTY, WI:
* Artisan Gallery – Moving from Paoli to Stoughton – World-class artist displays and sales.
* Stoughton Opera House – 381 E Main, St. – 608-877-4400 – Restored Opera House, now The Performing Arts Center.
* Syttende Mai – Norwegian Festival.
TAYLOR, JACKSON COUNTY, WI:
* Brambleberry B&B – Winery and Wedding Venue serving Jackson, La Crosse, Monroe, Taylor and Trempealeau Counties.
Brambleberry B and B inn serves: Taylor, La Crosse, Black River Falls, Sparta, Onalaska, Holmen, Trempealeau, Whitehall, Galesville, West Salem.
Check inn’s website or with innkeeper for local attractions and things to do.
Amish Farms, Antiquing,
Cranberry Discovery Center in Warrens
Taylor State Wildlife Area, Taylor, World’s Largest Man on a Bike,
TAYLOR CHAMBER OF COMMERCE:
TAYLOR COUNTY WI TOURISM– Official Taylor County Tourism.
JACKSON COUNTY TOURISM – Official Jackson County, Wisconsin website. Enjoy scenic Jackson County from Taylor.
VERONA, DANE COUNTY:
* Epic Medical Software – Verona – Fast growing campus of a medical software company – 1979 Milky Way.
* Military Ridge Bike Trail – Verona to Dodgeville 40 mile old railroad bed. Parking is available at the trailhead at County Highway PB, just off of business State Highway 151.
* Wisconsin Brewing Company – 1079 American Way, Verona – Tour and sampling.